One of the eight Wylie Camps, Yellowstone park.
- View Full Item
Colorized postcard of one of the eight Wylie camps in Yellowstone National Park. In 1883 William Wallace Wylie started 10-day park tours using moveable camps. He named his business the Wylie Camping Company in 1893. These camps were popular with tourists because they were less expensive then hotel stays. J. E. Haynes Photo Co. 1894-1967 In 1894 Frank J. Haynes opened the Haynes Photo Company at Yellowstone National Park and in 1900 he started publishing stereo-views and postcards. Haynes operated the Park�s coach services for a number of years, which often became a subject of his cards. He is noted for a large set of monotone oval multi-view cards depicting various scenes at Yellowstone Park.
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co. One of the eight Wylie Camps, Yellowstone park.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/640. (Accessed August 9, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co, One of the eight Wylie Camps, Yellowstone park.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/640
- MLA citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/640>.