Parmly Billings Public Library, west wing, looking west.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The original Parmly Billings Memorial Library, named after Frederick and Julia Billings' eldest child, was dedicated in October, 1901. The Richardsonian Romanesque building located at 2822 Montana Avenue, was constructed in three phases. The original center piece was designed by Charles S. Haire. See 'Library Dedicated', The Billings News, October 5, 1901. The second phase and third phase were designed by J.G. Link and C.S. Haire. The east wing opened in 1911 with a children's room and reference area. The west wing, dedicated in 1924, held the first museum collection in the city's history - See 'Laud Benefaction to Local Library', Billings Gazette, February 13, 1924 and 'Parmly Billings Memorial Library Looks Back 35 Years', Billings Gazette, Sept 27, 1936. Frederick Billings, Jr. donated the money for the original building and the east wing, while his sister, Elizabeth Billings, donated the funds to build the west wing. The Public Library moved in 1969 and the Western Heritage Center museum re-opened the building in 1971. See Parmly Billings Library: The First One Hundred Years, by Jim Curry, 2002.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Parmly Billings Library
Library fittings and supplies
Men--Clothing & dress--1950-1960
Women--Clothing & dress--1950-1960
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Parmly Billings Public Library, west wing, looking west.. 1952. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/276. (Accessed November 30, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1952) Parmly Billings Public Library, west wing, looking west.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/276
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/276>.