Parade near the Stapleton Building with Lee Simonsen and Bert Shorey families.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Parade vehicle, with the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks, with Bert Shorey, Mrs. Shorey, and Mrs. Lee Simonsen in front of the Stapleton building on North 28th. Window display of the Hart-Albin Company in the backdrop. One of the first motor vehicles in Billings. Shorey and Simonsen are in the list of 45 automobile owners in Billings - See 'The names of the Billings auto owners,' in December, 1907 - See 'Enthusiasts in Billings', The Anaconda Standard, December 22, 1907. Almost all the vehicles were gas powered by this time - there were only 'three or four steamers,' in Billings as of December of 1907. Lee Simonsen (or Simonson), a sheep rancher, would go on to own the Padlock (or Pollack or Pitchfork) Ranch in northern Wyoming. Lulu Simonsen would die in May of 1945. Bert G. Shorey was also a regional sheep rancher - The Billings Gazette notes a picnic at the 'Bert Shorey ranch on Rock Creek,' in August 8, 1926. Mrs. Shorey died in 1945 - see 'Resident of the State Since 1888, Mrs. Shorey, Dies', The Independent Record, August 22, 1945.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
Men--Clothing & dress--1900-1910
Women--Clothing & dress--1910-1920
Shorey, Bert G
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Parade near the Stapleton Building with Lee Simonsen and Bert Shorey families.. 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/224. (Accessed July 4, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1907) Parade near the Stapleton Building with Lee Simonsen and Bert Shorey families.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/224
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/224>.