Billings Land & Irrigation Company building a canal
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photo might be of earlier irrigation ditch digging in the region. The canal constructed by the Billings Land & Irrigation Company allowed farming and settlements east of Billings. At its beginnings, the canal brought water to 1,500 acres, increasing farm production in the area. - See 'Billings Land and Irrigation Crops in Best of Condition', Billings Daily Gazette, July 31, 1910. The Ditch, built under the auspices of the Carey Land Act, helped to settle the Billings Bench, Billings Heights, and Shepherd.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings - Images of Places
Irrigation canals and flumes
Men--Clothing & dress--1890-1900
- Yellowstone County, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- No Copyright - In the United States:The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Billings Land & Irrigation Company building a canal. 1895. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/254. (Accessed October 28, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1895) Billings Land & Irrigation Company building a canal. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/254
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/254>.