Fort Logan #2
- View Full Item
Located in Meagher County, Montana, the fort was established by the U.S. Army in November, 1869 to protect settlers and miners along the Fort Benton to Helena Road. Originally called Camp Baker for Major E.M. Baker. In 1878, the post was renamed Fort Logan to honor Captain William Logan who was killed at the Battle of the Big Hole. The fort was abandoned in 1880. The fort�s blockhouse is the only visible remaining building. See Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, by Herbert M Hart, 1980.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Meagher County, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- unknown. Fort Logan #2. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/225. (Accessed July 10, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- unknown, Fort Logan #2. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/225
- MLA citation style
- unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/225>.