Grand Canyon Hotel office, Yellowstone Park.
- View Full Item
Colorized postcard of the Grand Canyon Hotel office in Yellowstone National Park. The Canyon Hotel was built in 1910. It was a huge hotel with a perimeter of 1 mile that was situated on top of a hill west of the Yellowstone Falls. After WWII the hotel was deemed as outdated and was abandoned in the late 1950s. While it was being demolished in 1960 a fire broke out and destroyed the structure. Personal note on back. 1-cent stamp affixed. J. E. Haynes Photo Co. 1894-1967 In 1894 Frank J. Haynes opened the Haynes Photo Company at Yellowstone National Park and in 1900 he started publishing stereo-views and postcards. Haynes operated the Park�s coach services for a number of years, which often became a subject of his cards. He is noted for a large set of monotone oval multi-view cards depicting various scenes at Yellowstone Park.
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co. Grand Canyon Hotel office, Yellowstone Park.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/637. (Accessed July 11, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co, Grand Canyon Hotel office, Yellowstone Park.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/637
- MLA citation style
- J. E. Haynes Photo Co. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll91/id/637>.