- View Full Item
- Created Date
Across from the Union Depot, the J.M. Sawyer Store and Northwestern Distributing Company building opened in 1928. Northwestern Distributing advertised the property as the location of their new 'Creamery Division,' in July of 1928. Sawyer Stores had 19 stores in Montana by 1936. The original JM Sawyer Store was established in Miles City in 1913. It was renamed and re-incorporated as Sawyer Stores in May, 1925 - See 'History of Business', Billings Gazette, May 12, 1925.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Sawyers Building. 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/188. (Accessed August 12, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1930) Sawyers Building. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/188
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/188>.