New Grand Hotel
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Grand Hotel at the corner of North 27th Street and First Avenue North. Original construction was in the 1880s. The 1921 renovation is a J.G. Link and C.S. Haire architectural project with Jacoby & Sons as builders - See 'Contract is Awarded For Remodeling Grand Hotel', Billings Gazette, March 27, 1921. George Benninghoff's name, as owner, is on the 1920s building. Benninghoff bought the Grand Hotel in 1897. The building was finished with Lewistown face brick, the lobby with mahogany. The first Hotel Grand was built in the 1890s. This building has had several facades. The building was expanded to seven stories in 1951. Known as the Hotel General Custer in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. New Grand Hotel. 1923. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/182. (Accessed July 6, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1923) New Grand Hotel. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/182
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/182>.