- View Full Item
The Red Lodge-Cooke City Highway, or Beartooth Highway, opened in the 1930s to bring auto traffic to the Northeast entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Proposed as an avenue to fishing, hunting, mining, timber and scenery - See New Entrance to Park Looms, Billings Gazette, May 26, 1925. The highway officially opened June 14, 1936 - See Federal Writers Outline Week-End Tour, Billings Gazette, June 14, 1936.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Beartooth Mountains. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/575. (Accessed July 4, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, Beartooth Mountains. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/575
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/575>.