1931 Fox Theater - Exterior
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Opened in November, 1931, by Fox West Coast Theaters; it was sold to Carsich Theatres in 1978; renovated and reopened as the Alberta Bair Theatre for the Performing Arts in 1987. The Fox Theatre (a 'motion picture house') opened on November 17, 1931 with a grand parade and entertainment - See 'New Fox Playhouse's opening Program is announced', Billings Gazette, November 15, 1931 It was built in the Art Deco style by architect Robert C. Reamer with J.G. Link managing the project locally. There was also a parade down Third Avenue and live entertainment opening night. The theater was built on the site of the homestead of the Bair family. See ' Billings May Have Fox Theater Built', The Independent Record, October 12, 1930. The Fox Theater in Spokane, Washington, also built by Reamer, is a very similar 1931 Art Deco movie theater.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. 1931 Fox Theater - Exterior. 1931. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/190. (Accessed July 12, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1931) 1931 Fox Theater - Exterior. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/190
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/190>.