Cold Spring Ranch
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Stereo card. Handwritten note on back: A ranch on the old trail from Miles City to Coulson. Photo taken in 1881. Stockade on top of hill was used to stand off Indians. Was reached by means of a tunnel on side of hill. This is close to where Forsyth now stands. Known as Cold Spring Ranch. David May, of Yakima Valley, Oregon, purchased Cold Spring Ranch, 30 miles west of Miles City in 1878 - See Cattle for the Yellowstone Valley, Helena Independent, January 5, 1878. See Ranch Where Frontier Fort Stands is Sold, Anaconda Standard, August 18, 1911.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Forsyth, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Cold Spring Ranch. 1881. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/67. (Accessed July 14, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1881) Cold Spring Ranch. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/67
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/67>.