Chief Big Ox
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Crow full length portrait of 'Chief Big Ox (Crow).' Edward S. Curtis took a photo of Big Ox, Crow, in 1908. Joseph Henry Sharp painted a portrait of Big Ox in 1904. Big Ox's son was shot and killed at Junction City the 1880s - See Junction City, Billings Gazette, February 1, 1931. Story about the killing of Big Ox's son, by the great great grandmother of Emily Spear DeWitt, tells of the incident and how she accidently killed the boy - See http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/duwbryd/BigOx.html
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- BPL 2013.01.552
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Chief Big Ox. 1900. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/986. (Accessed July 13, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1900) Chief Big Ox. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/986
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/986>.