326 Lonesome Drover Walker "Smiley" Lawrence leads horsesStrip_173_A_parade cowboy horses_600_final
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Lonesome Drover Walker "Smiley" Lawrence leads horses in Saturday's parade on Sept 2, 1995. His memories: It rained 109 days from the start. We put all our saddles in a tent we thought was on high ground. They were all underwater by morning in Oklahoma. Longest ride was 22 miles and the shortest ride was 6 miles. We had several stampedes — one was at the Oklahoma border the longhorns’ ran for four miles because an outrider’s saddle fell under it flanks and the horse ran through the herd. I saw the Northern Lights on horseback in Wyoming. We had a stampede through camp in northern Nebraska at night, between the tents. There was a tornado in Oklahoma where lightning killed a horse and we had a wagon run-away in Oklahoma started by a mad ostrich that spooked the horses pulling the wagon. So on and so forth …
- Hartley, Lara
- Contributing Institution
- Range Riders Museum, Inc. and Miles City Star
- Miles City, Montana; Custer County, Montana; Broadus, Montana; Powder River County, Montana; Decker, Montana; Big Horn County, Montana
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Hartley, Lara. 326 Lonesome Drover Walker "Smiley" Lawrence leads horses,Strip_173_A_parade cowboy horses_600_final. 1995-09-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll102/id/196. (Accessed August 13, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Hartley, Lara, (1995-09-04) 326 Lonesome Drover Walker "Smiley" Lawrence leads horses,Strip_173_A_parade cowboy horses_600_final. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll102/id/196
- MLA citation style
- Hartley, Lara. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll102/id/196>.