- View Full Item
Born in Beverly, New Jersey on August 24, 1869. Arrived in Montana June 1881. Moved to Billings in 1894. Wife was Ella Lamport, married in 1897. Director of the Yellowstone Merchant's Bank and Mayor of Billings in 1913-1915. Was in the Billings cavalry, Troop A of the Montana National Guard, organized in 1896, that served in Spanish-American war - See Cavalry Organizes, Billings Gazette, April 24, 1938. Died in October, 1949 and is buried at Mountview Cemetery. LeRoy Greene painting of Leavens is at the Western Heritage Center.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Leavens, Robert1.tif
- Pioneers--Montana--Yellowstone County--Billings. Bankers--Montana. Spanish-American War Veterans. Montana National Guard
- Billings, Montana
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Leavens, Robert. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/648. (Accessed July 9, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, Leavens, Robert. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/648
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/648>.