Fort Logan #4
- View Full Item
Located in Meagher County, Montana, the fort was established by the U.S. Army in November, 1869 to protect settlers and miners along the Fort Benton to Helena Road. Originally called Camp Baker for Major E.M. Baker. In 1878, the post was renamed Fort Logan to honor Captain William Logan who was killed at the Battle of the Big Hole. The fort was abandoned in 1880. The fort�s blockhouse is the only visible remaining building. See Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, by Herbert M Hart, 1980.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Meagher County, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- unknown. Fort Logan #4. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/227. (Accessed July 12, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- unknown, Fort Logan #4. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/227
- MLA citation style
- unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll67/id/227>.