Great Western Sugar Company
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Aerial of the Billings Sugar Factory on State Avenue, looking south to southeast. State Avenue is the southern line of one of the lower of two sections that originally formed the Billings plat of 1882. You can see where the railroad plat (north of State Ave) meets the true north south orientation of the section in this image - the triangular parks are also on North 32nd, where the same thing happens. The large Billings Sugar Company, later Great Western Sugar, Factory opened in 1906 - See 'Billings Sugar Mill Breaks World's Production Record; Local Plant of Great Western Company Establishes Place As Premier Factory of United States', Billings Gazette, January 11, 1925.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Great Western Sugar Company. 1934. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/247. (Accessed September 19, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1934) Great Western Sugar Company. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/247
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/247>.