Yegen Hardware Store fire, Billings Montana, 1909
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Fire on Minnesota Avenue, south of the tracks. 'The stock consisted of hardware, paints, oils, some gasoline, two carloads of matches, cartridges, which exploded from time to time, with terrific force. Bullets fusilladed the firefighters, who stood their ground, and poured an ocean of water into the pit that vomited up a volcano of flame, hurling burning cinders into the air.' See 'Immense Damage is Done By Fierce Fire in Yegen Stores, Hardware and the Yegen Bank Totally Destroyed by Mid-Night Conflagration Inflicting Loss of More Than $275,000, Fully Covered by Insurance � Flames Frequently Burst Forth', Billings Gazette, September 26, 1909. This was part of a series of three suspicious fires (August 26, September 26, and October 26) at the Yegen businesses. See 'Implement Firm Suffers by Fire', Billings Gazette, October 27, 1909.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Billings, Montana;
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Yegen Hardware Store fire, Billings Montana, 1909. 1909-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/295. (Accessed July 12, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1909-09) Yegen Hardware Store fire, Billings Montana, 1909. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/295
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll53/id/295>.