Lamport, Jim, George, Grant
- View Full Item
- Created Date
George Thomas Lamport: Born in Milwaukee, 1844. Billings' first city engineer - built a cabin near site of Rocky Mountain College that was demolished - See Landmark May Feel Clearance Ax, Billings Gazette, February 25, 1966. George T. Lamport, first Park County Commissioner, is mentioned in History of Montana by Saunders. His first wife was Emma Eddy and his second wife was Lodenia McCoy Drake (no reference). His widow Lodenia L. is listed living at 323 S 29th in the 1933-34 City Directory - See Lamport Rites Are Held Here, Billings Gazette, September 5, 1938. George T. Lamport died February 11, 1917. Grant Lamport: Cattleman. Came to Billings in 1882. His son, Grant F. Lamport, 68, died in December, 1970. James Lamport: Brother of George and Grant. By 1907 he is listed as civil engineer of Flagstaff, Arizona and was doing survey work in Winslow, Arizona in 1910. James died December 13, 1940, in Flagstaff.
- Contributing Institution
- Billings Public Library
- Lamport, Jim, George, Grant.tif
- Pioneers--Montana--Yellowstone County--Billings. Civil engineers. County Commissioners--Montana. Park County (Mont.)
- Billings, Montana
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Lamport, Jim, George, Grant. 1880. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/641. (Accessed July 5, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1880) Lamport, Jim, George, Grant. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/641
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16013.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p103401pblhc/id/641>.